Postings to the World Wide Woof!

Woof Woof! and welcome to a furry corner of the interweb thingy, that is the online home of myself, BonusBear, furry superstar, bon viveur and all round loveable scamp On these pages, you'll find out all about me, my family, friends, and other happenings that make my tail wag.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

My 95 year old tea making machine!


Woof Woof!

I’ve got two sets of grandparents – there’s granny and great-granny and they look a bit like really wrinkly versions of Dad and live further down the south coast, quite near to us so I see them quite often.

Great-granny is really small and sits in her chair all day, apart from when she’s making cups of tea. She makes about twenty cups of tea a day, Dad’s trying to enter her into a tea-making-marathon competition cos he reckons she’s the hustlers’ bet (whatever that means).

I went round a few weeks ago and ran straight to her chair as always because she’s usually good for a few sneaked gravy bones, I don’t even have to pull the “I’m cute but haven’t eaten for three days look”, I’ve got her well trained. But she wasn’t there!!! – so I checked the kitchen in case she was on one of her tea making excursions – and she wasn’t there either!!!! – she wasn’t in the house at all – how confusing, she’s always there, I had to check the whole house thoroughly of course, nose into every small crevice – 1. Check for great granny 2. Check for chicken. Even worse, the next time I visited the same thing happenend, and the next time too. I was starting to worry about Granny, had she gone to buy me chicken and got too distracted to go home? (understandable of course) or had she gone back packing around the world and forgotten to take her chair? It was a mystery.Then one day I ran to her chair – and there she was, as though she’d never been gone except she had her foot on a stool.

Turns out she’d fallen over (while making tea) and broken her thigh and had to go to hospital for it to heal, cos she’s ninety five (you know, I’m ninety five you know) and had already broken two hips before. Anyway, I’m pleased to report granny’s back in her usual spot, slightly more frail than normal, but never the less dispensing tea and sneaky biscuits at a great rate, phew that’s a relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home